Thursday, May 26, 2016

when you go

everything goes
when you go
so go slow

my eyelashes
are a little heavy
from kohl
or liquor
I can't tell

everything falls apart
when you go
so go slow

is everything
supposed to be the same
or is my heartbeat
telling

of the erratic stories
you and I penned
over the moon cycles
and the waves
crashing and ebbing
on my heart

everything breaks down
when you go
so go slow

your fingers traced stories
on my back
and the crests of my waist
leaving magnum opera
and sagas
of love and a little drunkenness

now they're my story
my life
in ways I can't erase
from my blood

how easily
we draw lines
between us
between your heart
and mine
like blood on battle fields

honey, let's not
make battle fields
of our hearts
cause the rivers
of our beings
lead to the same sea

No comments:

Post a Comment