Friday, September 11, 2015

empty lobbies and boarding time

I've made homes out of people
Lived in the eye of the storm
Not known it until it left
footprints of ruin
Loved with an electric passion

Seen the faint stretch of the night sky
as it gave way to dawn
Clicked my shutter on enough
nooks, and corners of hills
tried to capture scents on a camera
foolish enough to believe
memories lasted forever

I've flown over the Alps
Watched valleys seep themselves in pink
Seen giraffes walk away into the sunset
Made two feet tall snowmen
on a sixteen feet cover of white
Gazed at the Milky Way
And it's million wonders

and craned my neck
to the point of strain
trying to remember
sounds, smells, trinkets

I've spent evenings after evenings
on the same ledge watching
my fawn colour fur ball
against grey sheets of rain
and woken up to mornings
after mornings
to beautiful sunshine making
silhouettes out of real life characters
I've associated songs with forests
streams and brooks
people and their colognes

I've seen lakes washed with lilacs
believing my love story too
was lilac and faintly gold
and I've believed

Believed like only I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment